Garlic – 500gm
Ginger – 100gm (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
Chilly powder – 4 tsp
Fenugreek powder – 1tsp
Green chilly – 5 (finely chopped)
Asafoetida – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Tamarind as needed
Gingelly oil as required
Salt as needed
HOW TO PREPARE
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop it finely.
- Heat gingelly oil in a pan. Roast the chopped garlic and ginger then transfer into a bowl. Allow to cool and take half portion, blend it by making a paste and keep aside.
- Soak required tamarind in enough hot water for 5 minutes.
- Heat gingelly oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add asafetida, curry leaves into it and fry.
- Saute it by adding chopped green chilly and ginger garlic paste.
- Add turmeric powder, and other spices one by one and sauté again under low flame.
- Add the rest portion of roasted garlic and ginger, stir well by putting enough salt and tamarind juice along with soaked water. Then boil until the consistency gets thick.
- Turn off the flame and allow to cool. After cooling transfer into an airtight glass jar.
- Heat 2 tsp gingelly oil cool and pour over the pickle to prevent fungal growth.